- Start with a planed flat sheet of 1/2″ solid wood on your CNC Router bed. Route out stripes, not going all the way through the wood leaving a thin base to each cavity. Leave in place on the CNC bed and fill with resin. Let cure.
- Route out the words “Pop Pop Pop.” Fill with contrasting resin in place on the CNC bed. Let cure.
- Cut on the red lines, leaving tabs.
- Flip and plane off thin wood base revealing finished bucket pieces. A drum sander or alternative sanding methods can be used for this step.
- Add a 45 degree miter to the edge of each piece and a pocket about 1/2″ from the bottom of each side for the bottom to sit within. (this can be done with a CNC or manual router)
- Fold bucket pieces around base and glue with Titebond III wood glue. Use painter’s tape to help clamp in place.
- Finish with any food safe finish.
Popcorn Bucket Project Files
Snack on popcorn in style with this CNC Routed Resin Inlay Popcorn Bucket.
1/2″ Thick Solid Wood 1/4″ Thick Solid Wood for base Resin Pigments Titebond III Woodglue Cutting Board Oil